Support Developer (Amsterdam)
Polaris is looking for software developers ready for a challenge to work out of our European Headquarters in Amsterdam. Ready to forge new solutions to influence healthcare. Ready to create future software releases at a rapidly growing organization. Ready to join an organization that values creativity and ingenuity without roadblocks. Ready to take pride in the work they do every day.
About Our Development Team
We are a proud team of creative & collaborative thinkers whose reputation as innovators and industry experts is globally recognized. We are a highly motivated team of IT professionals who enjoy creating leading-edge business solutions for the life sciences healthcare law compliance business. The development team’s role is to enhance the organization’s competitive edge by overseeing the integration of today’s ever-changing technology with the ever-changing healthcare laws and regulations.
Our development team is far reaching, and provides its members opportunities to work on a variety of projects and platforms with clients across the globe. We are not measured on daily targets, but on the strength of our solutions. We do not just hire coders; we expect our developers to have careers with us, to grow as individuals in the organization to become leaders and influencers while bringing their best to our software. We are looking to build a team that takes pride in the tools they create.
Polaris’ software development organization is tasked with designing and implementing cutting-edge solutions to improve and enhance our product software. Our software is surprisingly complex, constantly evolving, and offers new and exciting challenges while giving developers the ability to think and create. This is a position for a hardworking and creative software developer offering tremendous ability to make an impact.
- Develop and maintain Polaris’ core software products, including base solutions, web services and interfaces with a focus on high quality, configurable, and easy to launch applications
- Implement and deploy Polaris’ core software products for clients, including unique customizations, configurations, and data requirements
- Analyze existing solutions to provide recommendations on improvements
- Drive development to ensure projects are completed on schedule, within budget and with prestigious quality
- Collaborate with team members to develop and maintain suitable coding standards
- Attend personal training for at least one week per half year to improve skills
- Contribute to project effort estimations
- Review project requirements and provide feedback to project managers
The following skills are required of our team members:
- 1-3 years of experience in ASP.Net, C#, ADO.Net, Web Services, Remoting, Report writers, 3rd party controls and SQL server
- At least 1+ year experience with MVC.
- Hands-on experience with HTML5, JQuery and Entity Framework.
- TFS Administration and custom report skills
- Windows Workflow foundation experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Windows Workflow, and WCF
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven technical writing abilities
- Team-oriented thinking with demonstrated ability to produce high-quality work as part of a fast-paced, dynamic team
- Proven ability to collaborate with and drive cross-functional and interdepartmental teams
- Master’s Degree preferred (minimum Bachelor’s degree) – Preferably in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
The following are preferred, but are not required:
- SharePoint development experience
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies