Support Lead (New York)
Polaris specializes in consulting and technology solutions for pharmaceutical companies. We are at the forefront of the industry in terms of delivering technology through innovation fueled by our entrepreneurial culture.
Polaris employs over 200 people worldwide, and has been in business for more than 15 years. We are a truly global firm, speaking more than 37 languages. We are headquartered in New York City, with additional offices in Amsterdam, Boston, and San Francisco.
Learn more about our company and culture: http://polarismanagement.com/?page_id=124
See our spotlight on The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/polaris
Polaris currently is seeking a Lead for our Application Support Analysts, which provides run-time client management, helpdesk services, and ongoing relationship maintenance for its deployed applications.
- Manage a team of Application Support Analysts, included blended onshore and offshore resources
- Promote the Support organization to clients and internal management
- Assume responsibility of Polaris’ deployed applications, and ensure systems are performing and available
- Provide daily direction for staff; serve as escalation point when needed
- Ensures support team is meeting Service Level Agreements, including uptime, fix time, and quality standards
- Provide technical guidance for team for hardware and software configurations, and provide appropriate proactive solutions to growing number of deployments
- Prioritize issues between multiple clients as resource constraints arise
- Analyze performance of support organization through statistical reporting
- Ensure active projects are smoothly transitioned from the project team to the support team
- Serve as point of daily contact for vendors and subcontractors
- 2+ years of lead or supervisory experience in a software support role
- Understanding of business processes and their relation to technology
- Ability to complete assignments with minimal direct supervision
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Keep detailed records regarding problems, causes, and resolutions
- Hands on experience with software delivery – functional requirements, technical specifications, test plans, implementation, follow-up
- Practical hands on experience with SQL, IIS, and related web technologies in a problem solving capacity
- Ability to manage technical and non-technical resources.
- Ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Additional skills preferred (not required):
- Working knowledge of AMA, ACCME and PhRMA guidelines
- A pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, or medical education background, particularly in medical affairs or medical education
- Ability to including multitask and prioritize simultaneous assignments
Physical and Location Requirements:
- Ability to work in the New York City office (core hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM)
- Bachelor's Degree – preferably in Information Technology
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus bonuses
- Flexible work arrangement possible
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k plus match, etc.
**Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer**